– Helping parents build strong and resilient whānau
Parent Help’s Vision
Strong and resilient whānau living free from abuse and neglect.
Parent Help’s Mission
Helping parents build resilient and positive whānau through our free parenting Helpline, affordable parenting courses and counselling services.
We work to achieve this by:
- providing accessible and confidential services to parents and whānau
- promoting positive parenting and enhancing family relationships
- building community capacity and social inclusion
- informing social policy about parenting issues
- facilitating excellence in counselling and support
- ensuring that Parent Help Inc. is sustainable over the long-term.
Parent Help’s Values
At Parent Help we:
- are non-judgmental and accepting of all diversity
- maintain the highest level of professionalism and accountability
- maintain confidentiality and uphold the principle of free and informed consent
- understand and respect the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- support parental decision making
- acknowledge and build on the existing strengths of all clients
- are accessible to, and acknowledge the support of all stakeholders
- build collaborative and cooperative relationships with other organisations