How to book an appointment
If you would like to book an appointment or if you have any questions about our counselling services, please
- call us on (04) 802 5767
- or fill out the below form and we will get back to you as soon as possible
Counselling via Zoom
You need an adequate broadband signal and device with a webcam – smartphone, tablet, computer or laptop.
When an appointment has been arranged your counsellor will email you a secure link to access the session.
At the time of the session, you just click on the link. If you have never used Zoom before you may be asked to install the app. Follow the instructions and select “Run” to install.
Our counsellors work in a safe, private environment with no interruptions, and if online and phone sessions are to be effective, ideally you will also have a quiet and private space so that privacy and confidentiality can be maintained in the work.
Please let your counsellor know if this may be a challenge for you so you can work with them to manage that.
1-hour sessions are offered at $85 incl. GST.
Our counselling sessions can be affordable to all – we don’t want costs to be a barrier for families who need assistance. If you are entitled to a Disability Allowance it may be possible for WINZ to cover your counselling costs.
Payment is to be made via bank transfer to Parent Help bank account 03 0518 0183884 00.
If you wish to cancel, please do so at least 24 hours prior to your session. A cancellation fee may apply.
Parent Help offers a professional and affordable counselling service for:
- family problems
- behavioural difficulties
- relationship issues
- child and adolescent counselling and therapy
- individual parenting sessions
- personal issues
What is counselling?
The counselling work may involve:
- exploring emotions, thoughts and behaviour
- becoming more aware of yourself, your values and what motivates you
- planning and setting goals
- improving your relationships
- reducing your stress
- doing things differently to bring about change in your life
- learning alternative parenting strategies
- exploring new ways of interacting with your child to improve your relationship
You can expect the counsellor to:
- be trustworthy
- respect your confidentiality
- listen to you carefully and sensitively
- discuss issues that are relevant and preferable to you
- support you in making the changes you choose
Our counsellors are professionally trained and adhere to the code of ethics of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors, the New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists and the Parent Help Code of Ethics.
Our Wellington counsellor
Pam has worked with parents, children and families for over thirty years in the roles of social worker, family therapist, advocate and counsellor.
Agencies she has worked in include child protection, family violence, child and adolescent mental health, disability and adult health. She is a registered social worker (non-practising) and provisional member of NZAC (awaiting an interview for full membership).
Her qualifications include B.A, Sociology (Victoria University); Grad Dip Social Policy & Social Work (Massey University) and Post Grad Dip Counselling (Massey University)
Our Auckland counsellor
For the time being, our Wellington counsellors are offering therapy via Zoom or telephone.
Call our parenting Helpline, if you need immediate support with your parenting issue.