In Wellington, we offer affordable individual counselling and family therapy. Our counsellors/therapists are qualified and experienced and there to support you to solve your issues
Parent Help offers a professional and affordable face-to-face counselling service for:
- family problems
- behavioural difficulties
- relationship issues
- child and adolescent counselling and therapy
- individual parenting sessions
- personal issues
Parent Help offers professional and affordable face-to-face family therapy to enhance:
- parent and child relationships
- the building of couple relationships
- family/whanau relationships
- blended and step family relationships
What is counselling?
The counselling work may involve:
- exploring emotions, thoughts and behaviour
- becoming more aware of yourself, your values and what motivates you
- planning and setting goals
- improving your relationships
- reducing your stress
- doing things differently to bring about change in your life
- learning alternative parenting strategies
- exploring new ways of interacting with your child to improve your relationship
You can expect the counsellor to:
- be trustworthy
- respect your confidentiality
- listen to you carefully and sensitively
- discuss issues that are relevant and preferable to you
- support you in making the changes you choose
Our counsellors are professionally trained and adhere to the code of ethics of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors, the New Zealand Association of Psychotherapists and the Parent Help Code of Ethics.
We offer counselling and family therapy in Wellington only.
Our counselling sessions can be affordable to all – we don’t want costs to be a barrier for families who need assistance. If you are entitled to a Disability Allowance it may be possible for WINZ to cover your counselling costs.
The therapeutic session will be 1 hour. For the first session we would like you to arrive 15 minutes before to allow for time filling out paperwork.
How to book an appointment
If you would like to book an appointment or if you have any questions about our counselling services, please
- call us on (04) 802 5767
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or fill out the below form and we will get back to you as soon as possible
Katrina’s personal interests are around relational issues, anger and recovery from trauma. To help individual clients dealing with personal issues, she uses her understandings of attachment and neuroscience, working with a protective and warm approach using Integrative Psychotherapy. Katrina is also a couple therapist helping repair relationships using Emotionally Focused Therapy.
Katrina provides psychotherapy at Parent Help in Wellington and at her private practice in Petone.
Katrina (BSc) is a member of the NZAP and holds memberships of the NZ Association of Family Therapy (Clinical Practitioner – Family Work), ITAA and the NZTAA.
Maria has been working with individuals and families for many years both in New Zealand and the UK. Maria enjoys working with families, applying a strength based approach and focusing on attachments within the parent/child relationship. Maria has experience working with adults and children who have experienced trauma and abuse.
Maria has first-hand knowledge of what it is like to bring up children and manage family dynamics as she is a mother of three and a grandmother to four.
Maria (BSW, Grad Dip Counselling) is a member of SWRB and is working towards becoming a member of NZAC.
Mary’s interests are working around relational issues, grief and loss, parent child difficulties and personal growth. Mary has experience in engaging families, individuals, groups, particularly with children, using creative ways of communicating and healing and using a strength based approach.
Marry has worked supporting families in a community hospice and in her private practice since 1991. She brings a warm, empathic presence and openness to her work.
Mary is a member of NZAC and the Australian and New Zealand Art Therapy Association.