Our free Parent Helpline provides compassionate, friendly, non-judgemental support and advice on all parenting issues
Available from 9am to 9pm, Monday to Sunday
Call the Parent Helpline and get sound and strong support to help with your specific parenting issue.
No issue is too big or too small; disrespectful behaviour, sibling rivalry, out-of-control behaviour, solo parenting, refusing to go to school, posting photos on social media, boundaries, hitting, throwing, teenager anger issues, sexting, device use, attachment, abuse, anxiety, bullying, depression, tantrums, self-harming, arguing – whatever makes you worried – we listen and will support you to raise a positive and resilient family.
Who can call
- and anyone in the wider family/whanau
What happens when you call
Our team of trained and experienced support workers will talk to you about:
- what your specific needs are: the kind of assistance and /or information you are seeking
- what changes you wish to make (if any)
- practical strategies that work for your family/whānau
- resources that may help you to better understand your child or adolescent
- other services in your area that may be able to assist you or your family/whānau
Child Abuse Prevention Helpline
Parent Help has provided the Child Abuse Prevention Parent Helpline for many years. The CAP Helpline was established under the auspices of the Child Abuse Prevention Services to provide support and advice to parents and family/whānau concerned about the safety of a child or children. Parent Help acknowledges the many people throughout New Zealand who have donated to the Helpline through our core fundraising partner KiwiFirst.
“Thank you. I was in an overwhelmed state, now I feel able to cope”
– Helpline client