Parent Help’s Vision
Strong and resilient families/whanau living free from abuse and neglect.
Parent Help’s Mission
Helping parents build resilient and positive families/whanau through our free parenting Helpline, affordable parenting courses and counselling services.
We work to achieve this by:
- providing accessible and confidential services to parents and family/ whanau
- promoting positive parenting and enhancing family relationships
- building community capacity and social inclusion
- informing social policy about parenting issues
- facilitating excellence in counselling and support
- ensuring that Parent Help Inc. is sustainable over the long-term.
Parent Help’s Values
At Parent Help we:
- are non-judgemental and accepting of all diversity
- maintain the highest level of professionalism and accountability
- maintain confidentiality and uphold the principle of free and informed consent
- understand and respect the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- support parental decision making
- acknowledge and build on the existing strengths of all clients
- are accessible to, and acknowledge the support of all stakeholders
- build collaborative and cooperative relationships with other organisations